I visited Syberg's on Gravois on December 30th 2010 at about 7pm, for dinner with my husband and daughter. We walked throught the smoky bar area to the designated ""Wait to be seated "" spot. A man was blowing cigarette smoke right in our faces. We were seated upstairs, and our waitress took our drink and appetizer orders. I was relieved to be seated away from the bar because my daughter has asthma and can not be exposed to cigarette smoke. Shortly, however, a waiter brought an ashtray to a neighboring table and we were informed by a waitress that the entire restaurant was ""smoking area"" on this night (A thursday night). With common sense finally prevailing, the ""No Smoking"" ban in public restaurants was passed over a year ago. It takes effect in just a few days. So I guess the entire restaurant being designated as smoking area was an act of defiance. But it is no joking matter. My daughter started experiencing bronchospasm within a few minutes of those around us lighting up. We had to leave shortly after the arrival of our entrees. Our waitress seemed surprised at our displeasure and asked, ""What do you expect me to do about it?"" The manager stated ""The upstairs is supposed to be non-smoking"". However, it was obvious to everyone that there was simply not a non-smoking area available tonight - two days before the smoking ban begins. I hold Syberg's Gravois directly responsible for my daughter's asthma attack. Even after the smoking ban takes effect, we will NEVER be back. They have now lost our business forever, and I am telling all of my friends about this horrible experience.