In 1932, Art Sturdevant opened an auto electric and carburetor repair service, Sturdevant's Auto Electric, in Pipestone, MN. In 1951, Art's son Jack, joined the company and began to transform the business from an auto electric service business, to a wholesale auto parts company. Then in 1972, the company moved its headquarters from Pipestone to a new facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The retail operation developed from the wholesale distribution of parts, and Sturdevant's Auto parts was born. After 25 years, the Sioux Falls distribution center was busting at its seams. It was time to build a larger facility. In the fall of 1997, Sturdevant's began construction on a 105,000 square foot building, strategically located near Interstate 29 in Sioux Fall's rapidly developing west section. The warehouse, along with the corporate offices, training center, a retail store and auto body supply center moved into the new building in June 1998. Today Sturdevant's Auto Parts operates 41 locations throughout South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. In addition, Sturdevant's S. A. E. Warehouse provides parts to more than 60 Pronto afflicated independent auto parts stores and other independent jobber locations.