The Good: Had Availability. Friendly Staff. Clean and Pleasant Atmosphere. Convenient. Offered coffee and magazines.
The Bad: I paid over $60 for COLOR (not counting the tip) and I could have gotten the SAME from a $9 box. Two shampoos later and it is noticeably washing out.
The stylist didn't do much to style my hair after the coloring - but she sprinkled some gritty powder at the roots of my hair - to help with the styling I guess - She should have ASKed first and I should have said No thanks.
How to know when to get up and walk away:
1. Your stylist is a young 20-something.
2. You ask the stylist what she thinks about this or that and she asks the neighboring stylist what she thinks.
3. You explain the type of color or highlights you've gotten in the past and the stylist makes frowning faces.
4. You and the stylist decide to match your all over color with your natural roots and your stylist asks the neighboring stylist which color swatch she thinks is closest.
5. A neighboring stylist runs out the back door to avoid an incoming customer. (?)
6. The stylist who is now swiping your creditcard is distracted by a tv show. ((oh yeah, too late to leave now))