The Stinson Funeral Home Was Founded in 1935 by Sulee and Joseph Stinson on the First Floor of Their Home. In 1948, They Moved the Funeral Home to Its Present Location on West Grand Boulevard. In 1972, the Stinson Family Acquired the Diggs Funeral Home From Congressman Diggs. The Acquisition Gave the Stinson Family a Second Location on South Fort Street in South West Detroit. In 1978, the Stinson Family Purchased a Funeral Home on the Northwest Side of Detroit Located on Meyers Road Resulting in the Third Stinson Funeral Home Location in the Detroit Area. In 1996, the Stinson Funeral Homes Became a Member of Concord Family Services, Inc., An African American Owned and Operated Family of Funeral Homes.
For Over 70 Years, the Quality Professionals at the Stinson Funeral Homes Have Provided Comfort and Personalized Service to Families in the City of Detroit. Our Quality Professionals Specialize In:
*Traditional and Personalized Funeral Ceremonies
*Ethnic and Culture-Specific Ceremonies
*Veterans and Active Military Burial Services
*Masonic and Fraternal Ceremonies
*Cremation Options and Memorial Services
*Pre-Planned Funeral Services
*National and Interstate Shipping Services
*Advance Funeral Planning
The Mission of the Stinson Funeral Home is to Exceed the Expectations of Our Client Families Through Caring and Professional Service.
Proud to Be a Member Of:
*Michigan Funeral Directors Association
*National Funeral Directors Association
*National Funeral Directors & Morticians Association
*3 Locations Serving With A Standard of Excellence
*Joseph Stinson Chapel
1540 West Grand Blvd.
At The Corner of West Warren
*Sulee Stinson Chapel
Corner of John Lodge Fwy James Couzens
*Call 24 Hours / 7 Days A Week
*June R. Williams - Manager & Director