I wanted to offer some comments on the soccer camp my son and his friend (both 12 years old) attended the week of July 6 at Bobbie Morris field. It was frankly a pretty disappointing experience and here is what they had to say:
1) It didn't seem like a sounders camp. Other than daily quiz about sounders, there was no sounder gear, same t-shirt as last summer, no player and the staff didn't seem to be sounder knowledgeable or assoicated.
2) Coaches could have been friendlier, they didn't seem to want to be there with the kids. And many of the activities didn't seem to relate to soccer (or at least the kids didn't get the connection which is another issue)
3) There was a very broad age range but they actually put 5 and 12 year olds on the same team for scrimmages -that's dangerous!
4) There was a pretty serious behavior issue and the staff member dealt with it fine on the day of the incident but the kid was allowed to come back.He attacked another kid and went ballistic. What's the policy?
5) They thought the kids were nice overall, the location good and some of the skill building activities were good. Overall, though, not the quality we were expecting. We won't come again.