Sleep Inn http://www.hoari.com/sleepinn/
What a fancy hotel. I HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel.
First off they currently have a family getaway package, that is extremely reasonable. Here is the http://www.lhf.org/1085439333.pdf to the page that explains the package in great detail.
We paid $144 and got a room w/two queen size beds, 4 tickets to the following: Living History Farms, Science Center of Iowa, and Blank Park Zoo. See my review of Living History Farms here: http://www.judysbook.com/members/noehlp/posts/2006/7/405664/
BTW, the tickets alone would have cost around $100.
Sleep Inn Hotel has the following amenities:
* A pool, with a depth of 3 feet to 5 feet
* Hot tub
* An outdoor patio off of the pool area. Lounge chairs, tables w/chairs, perfect for lunch/dinner, chatting, or tanning
*An elaborate continental breakfast: Hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, donuts, fresh fruit, english muffins, bagels, bread, peanut butter/cream cheese/butter/jam, oatmeal, and cold cereal. My youngest daughter LOVED the eggs.
* Dining room to eat the breakfast or any meal if you bring it in there
* A small sitting room that is gorgeous and has a fireplace
* 2 washers and dryers
* Cable TV
* Game room - Big Screen TV and couches, arcade games and pool table (they do cost about 50 cents each, so bring quarters or ask the front desk for change)
* Alarm clock in room, or you can have the front desk wake you up w/a phone call
* FREE wireless internet for your laptop
* Free local calls
* In-room hair dryer, coffee maker w/coffee provided, iron and iron board, desk, bible, phone books, and pamphlets
* Smoking or non-smoking rooms according to your preference
* Extra pillows/blankets/towels/etc at your request
* Roll-a-way bed available, though I suggest reserving/requesting one when you check in, just in case they are all checked out
* THEY ARE PET FRIENDLY, though there is a deposit fee, not sure of the cost though
* Lots of parking
* Vending machines (snacks/popcorn/candy/lip balm/tylenol), ice machines, and soda/pop machines (which are inexpensive at only $1.25)
* Air conditioning/heat that you can set at your preferred temp
* Shower stalls in room (not sure if they have bath tubs as our room did not have one, you may want to call and ask)
* Friendly and accommodating staff
I do recommend staying at this fancy hotel, and definitely check into their packages. It is best to reserve a room ahead of time (we did by 1 day) but not required.
One other thing, you don't HAVE to reserve a room with a credit card. I was getting my car fixed the morning we were going to check in, and was not completely sure it would be fixed that day. All I had to do was verbally reserve the room over the phone w/a 6 pm reserve, I did not give my credit card info, I just had to call by 6 pm to let them know whether or not I would be there or just show up before hand.
Check in time is 4 pm, at times sooner if the room is ready, you can call ahead to check. Check out time is Noon, but can be requested to be later.