Nickolas Savko & Sons was founded in 1946 as a contractor that placed concrete and dug basement foundations in the central Ohio area. The company has grown from one pickup truck and a few employees into one of the largest site development contractors, with more than 200 employees during peak season, and approximately 250 pieces of heavy equipment and trucks. Savko installs underground sewer, water and storm utilities; earthwork and soil stabilization; concrete construction; and materials recycling and crushing services. Savko can bond in excess of $20 million per project and is Ohio Department of Transportation pre-qualified for more than $35 million of contracting work. The company maintains a 6,000-square-foot office and 30,000 square feet of maintenance and warehouse facilities that are situated on a 17-acre site in northwest Columbus, Ohio. Nickolas Savko & Sons serves 12 counties throughout central Ohio and acquires 85 percent of its annual sales from repeat business in the region.