I recently made a visit to Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe (January 2, 2009) expecting first class service. Instead, I got the worst massage experience I've ever had.\r
1) First, to get anywhere on the complex, you have to walk everywhere outside, in only a robe, uphill, in freezing cold weather.\r
2) Second, I booked a 80 minute massage a recieved a ~40 minute massage.\r
3) Third, the massage therapist, Frank, spent no time on my hands, feet, or front side of my body. He only massaged my back, the back of arms and the back of my legs.\r
4) Fourth, when I finished I brought this to the attention of the supervisor (who was on break and I had to wait for 15 minutes to show up) and nothing was done to compensate my horrible and expensive experience.\r
5) Finally, the place was like a ""meat market"" of people. It felt more like a cattle farm than a peaceful place to relax.\r
With so much competition in Santa Fe and surrounding area for Spas, I recommend skipping this high dollar, poor service, terrible experience place!!!
Cons: Don't waste your time or money