The law firm of Poore, Roth & Robinson, P.C., is a professional corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Montana. The firm's practice is extensive, both in terms of the specialties of practice and the area of practice throughout the State of Montana. While the firm engages extensively in litigation (almost exclusively civil litigation), the firm provides representation in a wide variety of cases and commercial transactions.
The firm had its beginning in 1913 when James A. Poore began a law practice in Butte as a solo practitioner in the Silver Bow Block. Thereafter, in 1940, James A. Poore, Jr. associated with his father in the practice. The elder Poore passed away in 1946. In 1950, Robert A. Poore joined his brother, James, Jr., to form the firm of "Poore and Poore." The law firm of Poore and Poore subsequently took in additional partners Allen R. McKenzie, Urban L. Roth, and James A. Robischon. Thereafter, in the late 1960's, James A. Poore III and Donald C. Robinson joined the firm as associates and subsequently became partners.
In October of 1978, the firm's offices in the Silver Bow Block were destroyed by a fire that devastated several uptown Butte office buildings. The firm then relocated to its present location, formerly the Evel Knievel Enterprises corporate offices. The firm later was reorganized with the retirements from the firm of Messrs. McKenzie and Robischon. In 1981, the firm became Poore, Roth & Robinson, P.C., with the three senior, name partners being Urban L. Roth, James A. Poore III, and Donald C. Robinson.
The firm has added other equity owners over the years. The current owners and the date they acquired equity ownership are: Robert C. Brown, 1987; Brendon J. Rohan, 1990; John P. Davis, 1991; Patrick M. Sullivan, 1995; T. Lee Bruner, 2000; J. Richard Orizotti, 2010; Charles K. Smith, 2010; Cynthia L. Walker, 2010. Urban L. Roth and, Thomas M. Welch are retired.
The day-to-day, routine manage