Pitter Patter Learning Center and Daycare emanated from a vision of children receiving as much knowledge as possible prior to entering school. They will have a head start at Pitter Patter during their most formidable years. Here at Pitter Patter, we want to provide the type of preschool, that the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists advise parents what they should seek in a daycare: Day Care or Preschool To make the separation from home and family a good experience, it is recommended that parents consider the following factors in selecting a care facility or preschool:
* Trained, experienced teachers who enjoy understand and can lead children
* Enough teachers and assistants ideally, at least one for every five children, and small rather than large groups, if possible. (Studies have shown that five children with one caregiver is better than 20 children with four caregivers)
* Staff that has been there for a long period of time
* Opportunities for creative work, imaginative play, and physical activity
* Space to move indoors and out
* Lots of drawing and coloring materials and toys, as well as equipment such as swings, wagons, jungle gym, etc.
(From Facts for Families, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, 2004)
Pitter Patter Learning Center and Daycare has great plans leading to higher heights in the daycare industry.
The mission of the Pitter Patter Learning Center and Daycare (PPLCD) is to provide quality early childhood care for the children of working parents. Knowing the importance of early learning in a child's formative years, our program is designed to meet the special needs of infant, toddler, preschool children in a calm, safe and nurturing environment. Our goal is to strengthen the bridge between parents' work and family lives by creating a special place that supports them both.
We hope the foundation provided at PPLCD will help provide students with the motivation to not only further their education, but to also become influential as change agents in society.
Pitter Patter brings Touchpoints to its Community
Brazelton Touchpoints is a set of values, principles and practices that guide the work of the providers and caregivers involved in your child's life, so that together you can provide the care and support your child needs to be healthy and ready to learn!
What Brazelton Touchpoints means to you and your family.
Providers who learn about and use Brazelton Touchpoints:
* Welcome you and your child with respect and understanding.
* Value your questions about your child and your care giving.
* Listen without judgment as you share concerns about your child's behavior.
* Treat you as the most important person in your child's development.
* Respect and value your family's culture and experiences.
* Share with you the excitement of your child's development.
* Join you in advocating for the best care. We offer childcare and learning for babies,young and older toddlers,and preschoolers.