We had been using this vet for two years, and our most recent experience here has prompted us to find a new vet to work with. We dropped our 13-month boxer mix to get checked by the vet because she had developed lots of bumps on her back that did not seem to be an allergic reaction. When I had taken her for her yearly check-up only a few weeks prior, I had the vet check what looked like acne on her face and chin- when I went to pay I found out he had added $40 worth of medicine without running it by me first. I was unhappy, but the medicine worked on her face so I didn't worry about it much. On this last visit, however, we dropped her off at 8am and had to call that afternoon at 3:30 because we hadn't received any communication about her visit. The woman I spoke with told me she was ready to be picked up, and that the vet needed to ""speak with me directly."" She wouldn't give me any information on my dog's condition, each time telling me that I would need to talk to the vet. I was VERY nervous and assumed that something was wrong (why else wouldn't she be able to say that my dog was fine?). When we arrived to pick her up, she was totally fine. She had a bacterial infection (not uncommon in boxers her age), and we had a bill over $400 waiting for us. This vet had run blood work and cultures- without checking with us first- in order to confirm what he already knew. When I take my car to the mechanic they NEVER do $400 worth of work before checking it with me first. It's not that I would have said no, but I would have liked to have had the opportunity to have the discussion with the vet. The mark-up on the blood work, cultures, and medication was ridiculous. I understand that it is a hard time for many and that doctors need to make a profit, but the mark-up was more than 100% the actual cost of the work. More than just the money, we cannot trust this vet to care for our animals anymore. I feel like it is very reasonable to ask that I be included in the decision-making process and be given options and information. I also think that owners need to be consulted in a low/no-risk situation (other than the bumps, our pup was very healthy so they had plenty of time to call use before sending out for blood and cultures). We will be finding a new vet and I would not recommend this vet to others. If you do choose this vet, I would encourage you to be very clear about being included in the process...otherwise don't be surprised when you don't hear anything from them until they hand you a huge bill.