What to expect:
1) If you find a car on their web site and go in to see it, expect them to tell you that it's been sold. Be prepared for this and do what I did and prepare to leave. In my case, I knew exactly what kind of car that I wanted, how much I would pay and that was it.
2) I put a deposit down on the car. I was forced to sign all paperwork on the same day and buy insurance because web cars must normally be purchased and driven off of the lot on the same day, (even when they are not honda certified ready to be driven off the lot). I did not have all of the cash ready. I was expected to do this, even though there was no radio in the car which is a Honda Certified car.
3) I was promised that the radio would be in the car when I picked it up. I was going to do my best to pick the car up on Monday - I went in on Saturday.
4) Couldn't get the transfer through on Monday, the salesperson was out on Tuesday. Plenty of time to get that promised radio in, right?
5) When I went to pick up the car on Weds, the radio was not yet in. When I got upset about this, a box that says JVC on it magically appeared. Look, said my sales person, it's a better radio than what comes with the car!
6) The salesperson took the box and the car to service to have it installed. She returned shortly afterwards and told me that they did not have the tools that they needed to install it. I agreed to take the radio and have it installed elsewhere.
7) I went to have the radio installed upstate where I live. When my guy opened up the box, it turned out that there was no JVC radio in the box. It was a TOYOTA radio that can not be installed in a HONDA.
8) I ran into a couple there who wanted to take their chosen car to their mechanic before paying for it. They were told no but they insisted. When they insisted, the dealer suddenly decided that they needed to takethe car to service to replace a part.
9) My temporary registration was placed on the wrong side of the car. This is a small thing and I normally wouldn't complain about it if I were not so pissed off about the car radio.
In spite of the lying, I liked my salesperson. I hope that she finds a way to make an honest living.
Pros: Easy to get to, comfortable waiting area, good prices
Cons: They lie and they lie some more and then they lie