It all began in 1906 when Indiana undertaker Roll Osborn relocated to Shreveport with his wife Kittie Atkinson Osborn. He opened his first residential funeral home in 1910 on the 700 block of Texas Street. For 13 years until he died on January 14, 1923, Osborn served his community well. After his death, his children Percy and Henry Osborn, along with his wife Kittie, carried on the business. This began the second generation of Osborn’s rendering funeral service to Shreveport and the third generation of funeral directors bearing the name “Osborn.” One hundred years and four generations have passed since Roll Osborn opened his doors to the City of Shreveport. Now in its fifth generation, Osborn Funeral Home continues to uphold its reputation for quality service and professional dedication. As Shreveport grew, so did Osborn’s business. By 1925, with a staff of only five, Osborn had outgrown the old funeral home and moved to larger quarters on Marshall Street. Eight years later they relocated to Fairfield Avenue and then in 1955 they moved to their current residence on Southern Avenue.