Do not ever think about renting here!!!! I have just moved out of this place after living there for one year. The people working in the leasing office are absolutely rude idiots and they totally mis-manage it. I shared my experiences with you in this terrible place. There are lots of complaints by former or existing tenants about the management in this apartment complex on the internet, so my experience is definitely not isolated.
1. They think they can enter your apartment freely after giving a 24 hour notice. One time they phone me to let me know that they want to come in to fix a potential leakage problem of the air conditioniong. I decide to be at home when they do the repair. They come in and work on it for half a day and cannot finish everything. I ask them to come back two days later. They leave and I go to work. 10 mins later I get a phone call from the leasing manager Lauren saying they want to continue the work that day and ask me to go back home. I tell her that I have to go to work and ask her to make another appointment because I want to be at home when the repair is done. This manager says they have given me a 24th hr notice and they can enter the apartment freely even though I want to be present. I argue that I am have given them the chance to finish the repair when I am present and they decide to stop it before I go to work. Now they change their mind and want me to be at home. They just do not have the appreciation that I have to take half a day off to be at home and they want to enter my apartment a second time after changing their mind. The argument with this woman lasts more than 20 mins until I tell her that if they enter my apartment I will call the police. The man working on the repair tells me that they know about this potential leakage for several months. It seems that they want to fix everything soon and they push me to adapt to their schedule so that they can make up for their delay. The leasing manager Lauren is absolutely rude when she is trying to push me to go back to my apartment to let them continue their work. Finally she gives up and makes another appointment with me several days later only after I reiterate I will call the police if they enter, but this experience is terrible.
2. The fact that they know about the potential leakage problems for several months without fixing it indicates the total mismanagemnt on their side, but they want tenants like me to help make up their fault.
3. Two weeks after I move out last month, I go back to collect the mails sent to the apartment. The leasing agent Salvador is not offering any assistance and just tell me to follow up with US postal office. They will not offer help to open the mailbox and give the mails under my name to me. He mentions that the mailbox has been assigned to a new tenant. This is ridiculous. They can enter my apartment by giving me nofice. I do not find any reason why they cannot open the mailbox and give the mails to me under my name.
4. I finally get the check after moving out from my initial deposit. They deduct a total of $430 without itemizing the charges for the cleaning. Before I move out, I have tried my best to clean the apartment and ensure I do not break anthing. I expect the charge to be around $150 based on the charges I have encoutered in the Avalon two apartment complexes I have lived.
5. After complaining to their headquarters, they finally send me the itemized charge. They charge me $75 for carpet cleaning, $145 for other cleaning and $242 for re-paiting. The move-out charges total $462 which is more than three times of the charges of the other two Avalon complexes I have lived in before. They probably do not send former tenants the itemized charges until you ask for them because they know their charges are exorbitant. I have just lived in the apartment for one year and there are absolutely no scratches on the wall. Why do they expect me to pay for the paiting?
Pros: Convent Location
Cons: Bad Management; Ridiculous Move-Out Charges; Rude Staff