Providing Personal Care Assistance Any Time, Any Place
NORVA Home Health Care Agency is a privately owned company that provides all aspects of home care and support including personal care, domestic support, and companionship to people of all ages.
We accommodate people that are in good health requiring minimal assistance right up to people with extremely high dependencies to people who are recovering from an accident or illness, the elderly and war veterans. We also step in to help with respite care when the primary caregiver or family is in need of a break.
We take great measures to ensure that we understand each person 's unique needs and preferences so that we can provide the best possible care.
Each caregiver is an employee of NORVA Home Health Care Agency, not an independent contractor. Our caregivers are covered by workers compensation and are insured, bonded, and certified by the Virginia Department of Health.
NORVA requires caregivers to complete a comprehensive pre-employment screening that includes state and local criminal background checks, as required by law, professional references, and multiple interviews. We also provide comprehensive training and onsite orientations for all caregivers.
What Makes Us Different From Other Agencies?
We Take Time to Understand Each Individual 's Needs, Preferences, and Personalities In Order To Customize Our Services to Each Client Needs.
* We Make Unannounced Checks on Our Caregivers While On Duty to Ensure That You Are Always Getting the Absolute Best Care Possible
* Our Insured and Bonded Caregivers Are Our Own Trained Employees, Not Contractors
* Our Trained Caregivers Are Professionally Supervised By Registered Nurses
* We Will Make Ongoing Phone Contact with You, the Client, To Ensure That You Are Safe, Happy, and Comfortable
* No Long Term Contract for Services
* Direct Billing to Long Term Care Insurance Companies So You Will Not Have To Burden Yourself with Financing Issues
* After Hour Calls Are Answered By a Live Person. Companionship and Conversation:
Whether it is stimulating mental awareness or just providing friendship,we are here to help Bathing,Grooming,Dressing and Personal Hygiene Assistance,we will do all that we can to ensure good personal hygiene for each client
* Although we cannot administer medication,we will happily remind you when it is time to take it and can track any side effects Alzheimer's & Dementia care,We have compassionate,patient caregivers on our staff that are trained to deal specifically with Alzheimer's & Dementia care
* We can ensure physical and mental wellbeing,in the safest way possible,by offering walking assistance,Meal planning,preparation and clean-up,We can help monitor and prepare healthy meals
* We can take care of any light housekeeping needs,from straightening rooms to taking out the trash
Errand and Transportation Services:
* We can run any errands and transportation services needed,from picking up prescriptions to driving you or your loved one to their doctor's appointment
Laundry and Linen Changing:
* Laundry and linen changing can often be a strenuous physical activity. We can wash,dry,fold,iron and change a client 's laundry and linen to ease this burden
Escort to Appointment:
* Sometimes,clients need someone to accompany them out of home.
Service is available 24/7.