Northeastern Eye Institute (NEI) is the largest and most comprehensive eye care center in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
In response to changing regulation and a dynamic market environment, NEI was formally established in 1984 through the merger of several ophthalmic practices including those of Dr. Jerome J. Jordan, Dr. William J. Jordan, Dr. Arthur J. Jordan, Dr. William H. Kehrli and Dr. Stanley W.
Beginning in 1994, the third generation of doctors hailing from members of the founding medical directors came on board at NEI.
Thanks to a tradition of service and excellence, while remaining on the cutting edge of eye care technology, NEI has grown consistently over the years and emerged as the leading provider of comprehensive eye care services in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
NEI has been a pioneer in eye care in Northeastern Pennsylvania in several areas:
* First eye care center in the area to offer all eye care sub-specialties under one roof.
* First to offer ophthalmology, optometry, and optical services under one umbrella.
* Dr. Jerome Jordan and Dr. William Jordan were the first to perform intraocular lens implant surgery to treat cataracts.
* In 1988, NEI established the first dedicated Cornea Service in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
* First center in the area to offer radial keratotomy (RK) for vision correction.
* First in the area to offer laser vision correction for nearsightedness and astigmatism.
* NEI was the first in Northeastern Pennsylvania to offer laser correction for farsightedness
* First in the region to offer conductive keratoplasty (CK) for near vision disorders
* NEI was designated a center of excellence for CK, only one of four in the world.
* Dr. Arthur J. Jordan developed and patented Optical Options, the first computerized system to combine digital photographs of patients with their selection of frames.
* He also founded the Binocular Vision Institute, committed to the betterment of children and ad