Morrow County Hospital Home Health is committed to giving area residents quality care in the comfortable surroundings of their home. Our skilled nurses, physical, occupational, and speech therapists, as well as social workers, are available to provide in-home services..
Morrow County Hospital Home Health services are available to patients who:
- Require skilled nursing care,physical,occupational or speech therapy.
- Were recently discharged from a hospital or other healthcare facility and require continuing care,monitoring or teaching.
- Have difficulty getting to the doctor's office and require skilled care.
- Need help to regain independence in walking,bathing or talking.
Skilled Nursing Services
- Plan your nursing care with your physician's guidance.
- Provide post-operative care and monitoring for surgeries such as joint replacements,abdominal surgery,open heart surgery & many more.
- Provide care & treatment for wounds.
- Provide patient & family teaching for medications present or on-going illness,wound care,glucose monitoring & insulin administration,ostomy care & more.
- Our nurses can: administer IV medications such as antibiotics,obtain lab specimens,change foley catheters,provide ostomy care,etc.
- Provide and individually designed plan of care to return functional abilities to optimal level.
- Plan & teach home exercises to recover movement or regain muscle strength & function.
- Select & teach activities to restore physical function.
- Carry out physician orders for treatment & report progress or changes needed in the plan of care.
- To recommend & help obtain adaptive home equipment or other supportive devices.
- Teach adaptive methods of eating,dressing & other daily activities to improve independence
- Establish a program to help speech-language communication skills.
- Assist those with voice disorders to develop proper vocal & respiratory control.
- Assist with swallowing difficulties.
- Provides nutritional evaluation & teaching
- Provides teaching for special diets such as: diabetic,healthy heart,renal,high protein & low sodium.
- Assess social & emotional factors related to an illness and its treatment.
- Assess need for other services such as: financial & community resources,& preparation of Advanced Directives.
- Our aids support the services of the care professionals as they:
- Help with personal care such as bathing,skin & hair care,and bed linen changes.
- Assist with exercises which have been prescribed.
- Support the tasks of daily living.
- Encourage self-help whenever possible.