Just kidding, Jujubes are disgusting. Incidentally, I've heard the floor of the Logan theater occasionally--very occasionally--referred to as disgusting. Sounds like hater-ese! How do I love thee, Logan Theatre? Let me count the ways:
1) Cheap! $3 per ticket! Good, (relatively) cheap popcorn, too! It's so cheap you won't feel a moment of regret if you fall asleep halfway through the film... this is how I ended up thinking the Golden Compass was a good movie, because I slept through all the boring parts and then every time I woke up something totally rad was happening on the screen, like a bear fight or Eva Green breathing.
2) Perfect exemplar of the Logan Square crappy-charm: Logan Theatre + Foremost Liquors + Tony's are a trifecta to be reckoned with. The Logan is slightly run down yet lovingly preserved; it doesn't smell like old in there, it smells like character.
3) The people who work there are 100% awesome: they actually really care about kids getting into R-rated movies (I do, too, less annoying), for moral reasons, and there's always a manager, decked out in a suit, to take your ticket and let you know the film has just started.
4) The people who go there are also 100% awesome. Occasionally someone will talk through the ENTIRE FILM, and I've seen people get really mad about this...chill out, man, some people don't speak perfect English but have friends/companions who love them enough to translate line for line. I, for one, find this touching.
5) And now, my friends, la piece: no crap before the film. None! Unless they came canned with the main reel, you will not even get trailers, and I'm more than happy to sacrifice these if it means not having to watch a single truck or coca cola commercial. If your movie says it will start at 8:23, it will start on the DOT of 8:23; without warning, the lights will just extinguish suddenly and it's right to the o