A message from Dr. Lander - Ophthalmologist, York PA.
Welcome to the Leader Heights Eye Center website. I chose to practice in South Central Pennsylvania because I fell in love with the area on visits as a boy. I founded the practice in order to provide the people of the greater York area with high quality, personalized eyecare. As youÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll read, this is a mission we are passionate about.
At Leader Heights Eye Center we pledge to provide you with the best, most personalized eye care you can find. This is a goal we take very seriously and which guides everything we do. For example:
- As our patient youÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll have 24-hour emergency access to Dr Lander. Emergency calls are taken by Doctor Lander.
- We will respect your time. 75% of patients are seen on time. In the event we run more than 30 minutes late, we will call and notify you of the delay.
- Your phone call will be answered by a live attendant. We believe our patients prefer to speak with a trained staff member, as opposed to an automated attendant.
- When appropriate, we will refer you. We believe in doing what we do best and letting others do the same. When we believe you will benefit from being referred to a subspecialist, we will not hesitate to do so.
- All of our medical and optical staff members are licensed or certified. It is our experience that licensed and/or certified staff members provide better care. All new staff members must be already licensed or certified or study for and obtain certification shortly after employment begins and maintain it thereafter.
- Your prescription renewal will be handled the same business day. When you need a renewal, simply call your pharmacy. They will communicate with us electronically, and weÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll approve your request the same business day we receive it. New prescriptions can be sent to your pharmacy via the internet as well, even before you leave our office!
- Our optical shopÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s quality exceeds the industryÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s standards. We are aware that as many as 50% of the eyeglasses sold in the U.S. have a defect of some kind, so weÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ve taken steps to ensure the quality of the eyeglasses you obtain from us. We will provide you with a written quality guarantee as well.
- We will keep you informed. Whether it is information about your eye condition, a medical or surgical procedure, a new eyeglass lens design or frame style, we pledge to keep you informed about advances in the field and changes that may affect you.
Leader Heights Eye Center is located in York, Pennsylvania, a 45 minute drive from Harrisburg, Gettysburg and Lancaster.
At LHEC our focus is always on you.