Laurel Heights Hospital's new inpatient acute program is designed to effectively treat the psychiatric crisis of children and adolescents who present with a co-occurring Autism Spectrum Disorder or other neuro-developmental disorders. Stabilization of symptoms, including mood instability, self-injury, suicidal behavior or severe aggression, is accomplished through data-driven clinical collaboration between Child & Adolescent Board Certified Psychiatrists, Board Certified Behavioral Analysts, Licensed Therapists and Certified Special Education Teachers, to meet the medical, psychiatric, social and academic needs of the patients. Treatment takes into consideration the special support needs of children and adolescents who present with co-occurring Autism Spectrum Disorders..
Laurel Heights specializes in the treatment of children and adolescents with complex psychiatric and behavioral problems. In addition to treating patients with general psychiatric difficulties and trauma,Laurel Heights also has specialty programs for children with co-occurring neurodevelopmental disabilities,including Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our services are offered within several separate programs including:
• Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Program: Serving ages 7 – 17 in psychiatric crisis for children & adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other neurodevelopmental disorders
• Intensive Residential Treatment Program: Offering a Child Program,serving children ages 7 -12,and an Adolescent Program,serving teens,ages 13 -17 (ages 18 – 21 considered on a case-by-case basis)
• Autism Spectrum Disorders Residential Program: Specialized residential treatment for ages 7 and older combining psychiatric treatment,behavior analytic interventions and strategies to encourage positive behavior and communication.
• TRICARE®-Certified Adolescent Boys Program: Serving adolescent boys,ages 13-17,with a broad range of psychiatric and behavioral difficulties while supporting military families in-person or long-distance for family sessions.
• Laurel Heights Academy: Accredited school by GA Board of Education and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) with certified Special Education Teachers supporting academic needs of all residential patients.
• Specialized Foster Care Program: Providing boys and girls ages 4-17 with emotional or behavioral difficulties an opportunity to live within the community in the naturally therapeutic environment of a family.
Within each campus program,services are provided by a multidisciplinary team,and include:
o Psychiatric Services by Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists
o Nursing Care and medication management
o Crisis Stabilization
o Individual,Family and Group Therapy
o Specialized groups addressing trauma,substance abuse and sexual reactivity
o Recreation/Expressive Therapy
o Psychological Evaluation
o Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Support
o Applied Behavioral Analysis
o Educational Program staffed with certified teachers
o Transition and Discharge Planning