The Brooklyn Park, MN School, is a branch of 5th Generation Master Gin Foon Mark's School, in St. Paul, MN, and is conducted by Si Fu Mark Ahlert. Si Fu Ahlert is one of Master Gin Foon Mark's highest ranking students, and has trained in the system for over 20 years. Both schools teach Kung Fu in a relaxed, traditional manner that incorporates Chinese cultural learning. The Kung Fu system taught has remained intact since its development, and is practiced in class with a partner as it is used in real life self-defense situations.
The benefits of Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu classes include:
* Increased flexibility, strength, and reaction time
* Increased practical martial art abilities for modern self-defense
* Ideal for women, men of less powerful physique, as well as conditioned athletes
* Excellent, low impact exercise, with physical and mental benefits -Beginners are warmly welcomed and taught in low pressure manner
* Very competitive prices
* No long-term contracts are required and your first class is free - The Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu system was developed in the Kwong Sai province in China by Sam Dart, a monk who was impressed while watching a praying mantis defends itself against a much larger bird. It utilizes both soft and hard techniques to unbalance an attacker and redirect their strikes to set up a superior offensive position for the defender. The system is circular. For every attack or defense there is a counter technique. Defensive and offensive techniques often occur simultaneously. An attack can be difficult to distinguish from a defense. Fluid,relaxed,and smooth movements are emphasized,as opposed to rigid,tense,and rough techniques often found in other systems. The movements are designed to use an opponent's force against himself allowing the physically weaker to defend themselves against larger opponents.