Headquartered in Bismarck, N.D.
Physical locations in 14 states
Operations in 18 states
5,000 employees during peak season
10th-largest U.S. aggregate producer
5th-largest U.S. producer of sand and gravel
The construction industry – by nature of its business – has an impact on land and water resources. However, Knife River works hard to maximize those resources, meet or surpass applicable regulatory requirements and develop sustainable programs that our divisions can deploy.
There are many programs, but some of our large-scale efforts include:
• Recycling old asphalt surfaces into new roadways.
• Recycling reclaimed concrete aggregate.
• Using several thousand tons of fly ash to replace Portland Cement.
• Implementing the Shut Down & Save program to lessen fuel use and emissions.
• Adding warm-mix asphalt in several operations to reduce energy consumption and emissions..
Airport construction and maintenance
Clean fill disposal site
Contaminated soils remediation
Emulsion distribution and laydown
Ready-mix concrete construction and paving
Resort/golf course construction
Sewer facility construction
Site development and grading
Training and leadership development