Knife River Corporation provides aggregate, asphalt, building materials, cement, construction services, liquid asphalt, ready-mix concrete and many more construction-related products and services. Our company has physical locations in the states highlighted below, but performs work in many more states in the central, western and southern United States. Headquartered in Bismarck, N.D.
Physical locations in 14 states
Operations in 18 states
5,000 employees during peak season
10th-largest U.S. aggregate producer
5th-largest U.S. producer of sand and gravel
The construction industry – by nature of its business – has an impact on land and water resources. However, Knife River works hard to maximize those resources, meet or surpass applicable regulatory requirements and develop sustainable programs that our divisions can deploy.
There are many programs, but some of our large-scale efforts include:
- Recycling old asphalt surfaces into new roadways.
- Recycling reclaimed concrete aggregate.
- Using several thousand tons of fly ash to replace Portland Cement.
- Implementing the Shut Down & Save program to lessen fuel use and emissions.
- Adding warm-mix asphalt in several operations to reduce energy consumption and emissions.
Knife River's Divisions also offer a wide variety of construction services and specialty services for both the private and public sectors. Knife River has been recognized and received many awards for its asphalt and ready-mix concrete paving work, resort and golf course construction, marine construction, airport runway/taxiway construction and maintenance, plus many other large-scale services.