At Kentwood Extended Care Facility, the staff strives to make residents feel at home and part of an extended family during their stay. This facility operated by University Extended Care offers 20 personal care beds and 80 nursing home beds. Residents choosing the personal care option can maintain an independent lifestyle but still receive assistance with daily activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing and medication supervision. People who have more serious health needs and require the structured supervision of a nursing home are cared for by registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing aides in three adjacent nursing home wings.
- Attractive, homelike personal care rooms for individuals and couples
- Large walk-in closets, small refrigerators, porch and inside sitting area available in some rooms
- Three meals a day served in the dining room
- Beauty shop, notary services, housekeeping, laundry facilities, staff chaplain, on-site rehabilitation and resident council
- Activity Programs, including outings for residents
- Eighty-bed facility including 28 private rooms for short-term rehab or long-term placement.
- Full-time rehab staff including physical,occupational and speech therapist.
- Meals served in three dining areas (menus available).
- Inhouse activity coordinator who provides customized activities,including pet therapy,gardening,reading,card and art clubs.
- Secluded spacious grounds with patios and walk areas.
- Beauty shop,notary service,housekeeping,laundry facilities,staff chaplain and resident council.