Kankakee County Community Services, Inc. has been meeting the needs of families and individuals in crisis since 1986 by giving them accommodations through shelter vouchers for the homeless in area motels, rental and mortgage assistance; utility (gas and light) assistance, energy conservation (weatherization), senior nutrition, in addition to transitional sheltering, affordable housing and crisis intervention.
• Opens doors and leads the way: We provide access to the opportunities people need to improve their lives, to help themselves and each other.
• Turns hope into reality: We identify the needs of the entire community, and take action to improve life for everyone in the community.
• Treats people with respect: We treat people the way we want to be treated.
• Says "yes": If we do not provide the needed service, we will link you with those who do.
• Gives a voice to the poor: Through our advocacy, we seek to make society more flexible and responsive to the needs of the poor.
• Mirrors the diversity of our communities: Our local boards include low-income people, local public officials, and business and community groups.. |Crisis Intervention|Economic Development|Nutrition & Food