I chose Jorve for a nearly full new roof and some small construction, in Nov 2005. During the bidding process, they were prompt and professional, and the most expensive. I chose them based on their reputation and solid references.
The project started off well and moved quickly. UNFORTUNATELY, the problems started soon thereafter:
1) Sloppy finish workmanship--exposed nails, scratched and dirtied fascia board
2) Lack of care for house in prep area---needed to re-paint a deck and some siding
3) 60% mark up on construction materials---this is NOT in the contract and was only disclosed when I challenged the bill, knowing what was used on site.
4) Added phantom labor hours to my invoice.
5) Mismatched metal flashing widths
that's the bad news. the GOOD NEWS is that once I called the General Manager, they were quick to solve all of the problems, remove the false charges and reimburse me to have the area re-painted. They also knocked a small amount off of the total bill to make it right. word to the wise: be on site when they are there, log their hours and be sure to inspect the work and give feedback promptly. They do care about their reputation, and that is worth a lot.