I could go into several pages of complaints I had with this company but will try to keep my response down to a minimum.
I own an eXmark 52 inch commercial mower that I purchased new. I was having problems with the clutch engaging so I could cut grass as well as the battery not charging. I took it to Homestead Acres Saw & Mower to have repaired at least three times from June 12 to October 8 2010. Each time I was told that the problem was fixed when it was not.
The only initial problem I was experiencing was in the charging system which I was told was the cause of the clutch not engaging. Each time I returned it to them for repair they seemed to find new problems and insisted that they completed the repair. During different times I was told the flywheel needed replaced, clutch needed replaced, and headgasket needed replaced. I had to question these new and necessary repairs since my mower had just a little over 400 hours use during the last several years.
Their response to my complaints was to call me a liar and try to discredit me in any way they could. The total bill for all the services exceeded $1200 still they were not able to fix my initial problem. The situation became very grave when one of the employees yelled within the store that they were done doing any further work for me. This exchange occurred on my last visit when I asked that they recheck the voltage at the battery. I wanted them to do this so I could confirm my suspicions that the charging system was still inoperable. During this encounter, Mrs. Diane Farr one of the owners, had to tell her employee to shut up!
I was forced to contact eXmark representative to ask for their help as well as to initiate a complaint against Homestead Acres. After I contacted the manufacturer's representative and provided him with more detail than I am including here, eXmark agreed to cover the expenses in locating and fixing the problem that was not allowing the charging system to work properly. I was told to take my mower to Mt Angel where this problem could be fixed.
I took it to Cliff's Small Engine Repair in Mt. Angel and after a few days it was discovered that a Kohler Clamping Diode Kit needed to be installed along with a fuse. The total costs for these two parts was less than $20. This repair was made on October 14 2010 and as of Feb 2012 I have not had any further problems.
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau which resulted in a finding that the Homestead Acres did not make a good faith effort to fix my problem.
In searching for complaints made against this company I find similar complaints as I had. I wish that I did not have to initiate any complaints but the fact is I did not get the service from Homestead Acres that I paid them to do. Extreme caution should be exercised if you intend to use this company.