This company should not be trusted to inspect your home. We scheduled our inspection for 2:00pm so my wife and I could go through the ""guts of the house"" with the inspector. Well he showed up at 12:00 and did the inspection without us. When we arrived at 2:00 pm he was impatience and said he had been waiting for us for hours. When we reminded him that our inspection was scheduled for 2:00pm he scoffed at us and said that his morning appointment had canceled and arrived early to do ours. HE HAD OUR PHONE NUMBERS, but for whatever reason he could not be bothered to call us and tell us that plans had changed.
This was our first home buying experience and we were not at all sure what our rights were, but I told him he needed to go through the inspection again and he said he would not do that. He was arrogant, impatience, and thoughtless. He showed us a few photos he had taken of the crawl space and attic. He said in no uncertain terms that there were ""NO MAJOR ISSUES"" with this house....Really?
Here is a list of issues we have had that he said were not problems or he just flat out missed:
1) No heat to the master bedroom! How in the world does an inspector miss this! Cost to repair $2,300.00
2) Plumbing was improperly installed. Cost to repair. $3,800.00
3) Electrical wiring in attic and crawl space installed so poorly that half of the house had to be rewired up to code. Cost to repair $2,700.00
4) Can lights, 16 in all, are not rated to be used with insulation (they were the type to be used in dropped ceilings, in fact it even stated this right on the lights!). All had to be replaced. Cost to repair $700.00.
5) Foundation and negative water drainage issues that caused mold and dry rot issues. Cost to repair $2,200.00.
So, for a house that David Nichols told us, ""There are no major issues, there is nothing that scares me about this house. This is a good house to buy."" Well, for having no major issues we had to spend just under $12,000 just to make this house safely livable. We are working class blue collar folks and $12,000 is quite a bit of money for us.
Man, do not use these guys.