Ken Simpson, the massage therapist who worked on me twice within the past two weeks. I had a deep tissue massage AND a Swedish massage and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful job he did, not only with the massage but also with making me feel safe, comfortable and relaxed. It's obvious that massage therapy is not just a job for him. He seems to really care about people and helping them feel better.
I had my first professional massage several years ago at another well-known day spa in the Tanglewood area of Houston, and although it was pretty good, it was nowhere near the quality of what I received with Ken. My therapy with Ken has resulted in me making massage a higher priority in my wellness regimen. Here's why:
1. Ken's not in a rush to get you "in and out". He has a genuinely warm, calm, sympathetic and friendly demeanor and he takes the time to talk to me about my needs before each session..... but not in a cold and clinical way. It's like talking to a friend that I've known for years. He also does an excellent job, letting me know what to expect during the session.
2. It's all about me! He takes the time to find out what's going to make ME most comfortable from the lighting to the temperature of the bed. He even talked to me about the best way to preserve my hair style during the session. He's all about the details.
3. He's experienced and talented. During one of our very pleasant conversations, he mentioned that he has been in the massage therapy field for 14 years. He's not a novice and it really does show in his skill and professionalism. He did a great job identifying my tight spots and loosened them up. Ken uses a lot of AWSOME strokes that really helps relieve the tension in my body caused by daily responsibilities and my stressful office work.
4. Ken welcomed feedback during my session. Periodically during my session, he checked in with me about how I was feeling and whether or not the pressure needed to be adjusted. Everything that he did was always perfect for me, but it was nice to know that I could tell him if I needed anything done differently.
5. He's just a great person in general. He's such a pleasant person to chat with before, during or after my appointment. My second appointment was a 90-minute session and I felt like I was with a good friend, not just a massage therapist. I know that a lot of people probably belly ache to him about being stressed out, but he didn't make me feel that way. It was like I was the only client that he had that day.
I recommend him to anyone who needs a good, attentive massage therapist. I'm a conservative female and was a little nervous about having a male massage therapist at first, but Ken is great. VERY professional with a caring and humble personality. He'll listen to what is most comfortable for you and abide by it. My first professional massage was with a female therapist and she was great, but now I'm "hooked" on the strength and the depth that a male therapist can provide.
I hope this helped.