Hidden Cove is close to bus routes and the train. The apartments are situated in a circle so there is a nice grassy area with the pool on one side and a large playground on the other.
The negative (there are so many):
1. The walls are thin and let almost all noise through. Especially noise from upstairs neighbors. You will hear everything that hits the floor, every door slam, and every raised voice.
2. Be ready to deal with neighbors that smoke pot on balconies and leave half drank beer cans sitting on the stairs. Be ready for parties all night with lots of yelling and swearing.
3. The apartments are falling apart. We had multiple holes in the wall that had no place being there and were covered up with wall plates. We had a mouse that never got caught even with the exterminator coming at least 5 times. Dish washers that leave a film on everything and when you complain you are told you are just using the wrong type of dish washing detergent. Refrigerators that are smaller than I've ever seen. Cheap blinds that fall apart. Toilet seats that are even cheaper than the cheapest you can find at Wal-Mart. Toilets that leak and don't even sit evenly on the floor even after maintenance comes over to fix it. And when crap starts coming from in between the plastic wall panels on the tub you are told it is just hard water stains and to clean it yourself.
4. There is very little light. Even with all of the blinds open you will need to turn on lights to see anything in the kitchen. The ceilings are low, and it constantly smelled musty even from day one.
5. Your covered parking is not next to the buildings like most complexes but instead is across the parking lot. So in the winter you will deal with a very dangerous walk to your car. They seemed good to get snow off the sidewalks but for the most part didn't bother with the ice left in the parking lot, especially between cars. Since you have to walk there every day and it is sloped to deal with runoff it is dangerous.
6. Until the recent change in management the people running the place were generally nice to work with even though they had a difficult situation with the overall condition. After the change you will be lucky to get your call returned. You get very little notice such as a day notice for major fixes like shutting down half of the parking to repave. And to top it off calling them to complain about banging in the apartment above you that wakes you up at 2am 4-5 out of 7 nights a week will only elicit a response after a week of leaving messages. Previous managers would call you back the next day even though nothing seemed to happen to deal with the situation.
7. Best of all after your move out you will be charged with replacing everything they think they can get away with. Almost as if they are trying to remodel their apartments on your dime. Blinds, Faucets, knobs, drawers, and many other things that worked just fine when you left will now be deemed completely broken and you will have to be responsible to pay for replacing all of them. You will be told that the hard water stains are too bad to clean. However, if they were pristine upon move in then how could they get hard water buildup so bad in less than a year as to be deemed unworkable upon move out' If hard water is that much of an issue they should look into changing that.
STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!