The Evergreen house was built in 1857. It was sold to the Garret family in 1878 who remained the owners through two generations. When Garret died in 1942 he donated the house to John Hopkins University with the stipulation that the house be kept open and used for "lovers of music, art and beautiful things."
Today this Mansion sits on 26 acres and houses several thousand objects that were collected while the Garrets lived in the house. The mansion is amazing and is open for tours.