W e were founded in 1918 by J. Lyle Eackles who operated the business from his residence in Bolivar, W. Va. Later he rented the first floor of a Harpers Ferry lodge hall for the storage of caskets.
Following World War II his son, J. Donald Eackles became associated with his father and following his father's death, Donald Eackles purchased the business from his mother, Mary Eackles.
Mr. Eackles purchased the lodge hall building and added a chapel in 1950 and in 1970 added another addition to the building.
In 1970, Robert L. Spencer became associated with J. Donald Eackles in the business and in 1979 Robert and his wife, Renee purchased the business from Donald Eackles.
In 2004, Alan Norton and his wife, Lynn became partners with the Spencers and plans were initiated for the building of a new funeral home for Jefferson County.
In December of 2005 we moved into our new location located at 256 Halltown Road, Harpers Ferry, WV.