BEWARE! This veterinarian is either (A) less-than-adequate or (B) attempts to take advantage of his clients. Here's why...
We knew our dog (a Pomeranian) was having some health issues and just wanted some confirmation or resolution. So we took our dog to see Dr. Z for the first time, because it was a local office. Here's the short, but accurate, version:
1. After the exam, Dr. Z was not able to diagnose the problem; he said it could be multiple issues.
2. He recommended giving our dog antibiotics, then returning in 7 days for a follow-up.
3. If the problem persists after 7 days, perform more procedures: x-ray, blood and urine samples, etc.
4. The total of all procedures was close to $500.00.
5. I paid $40 for this exam, which resulted in the above diagnosis (aka nothing).
The next day, I took my dog to another veterinarian for a second opinion. Within 2 minutes, this veterinarian was able to determine the cause of the health issue and justified the diagnosis based on the all present symptoms and the conditions of our dog. My guess is that any good and honest veterinarian would have provided the same service.
This leads me to believe my first statement: This veterinarian is (A) trying to suck our wallets for money or (B) needs to study-up on his profession.
If you're reading this and deciding if you should go here, DON'T! If you can, I strongly urge you to use another animal hospital. And if you're a current patient, I'm sorry. No amount of perceived kindness expressed by this facility will outweigh the underlying problems with this place: a veterinarian that is either inept or a crook.