I wish we would have found these reviews before we moved in.
First, we had to track down the super and practically beg for keys to our apartment on the 1st of the month. We corresponded for hours while we waited outside, and finally got a key around 6pm (a day that we paid for in our first month's rent)!! I was just lucky our movers were scheduled to come on the 2nd.
As we went through the apartment the first couple of days we noticed one problem, after another, after another...
For about 2-3 weeks we called and emailed our 9300 contact, Melissa Reyes, about these issues. We received NO response, NOT ONE. We finally went down to 9300's office and had what we thought was a successful meeting with Melissa. She apologized for the unacceptable condition of the apartment we moved into (and are paying too much money for). She promised to address all of the problems, send someone by the upcoming Friday to start the work, and follow up to our many emails as a confirmation - NONE THIS HAS HAPPENED and another FIVE DAYS have gone by. In the meeting she mentioned that she was new to the job and overwhelmed. We are really understanding people, but if she can't handle her job and/or 9300 can't manage their employees - it is NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!
The super has also been very difficult to get in touch with. He once set an appointment, so I took a day off of work to be there, but he stood me up (no big surprise after reading these other reviews). He finally stopped by after we sent many more texts, emails, and calls last week to fix a broken closet rack. He set up an appointment to come back again - but he never showed.
- The washing machine is COMPLETELY consumed by mildew - it is disgusting. We tried to clean it with bleach/vinegar as recommended online, but the putrid smell and mildew residue remain. We are currently paying to send our laundry out even though we thought we rented an apartment with a washer/dryer.
- The dryer does not work - it takes 2 hours to dry a very small load of laundry. It overheats and usually stops automatically after about 2 minutes.
- The dishwasher is broken. It smells like smoke/fire when we try to use it, and makes loud crunching noises.
- The oven does not work. I tried to bake a cake to test the oven after I discovered the other faulty appliances. I set it to 350 and the cake burnt to a crisp after about 7 minutes of the 35 minute bake time. I held a meat thermometer in the oven to test the temperature. It went up and up and melted as it was approaching 500 degrees! I'm not sure if this is an oven problem or a gas line problem.
- The hot water doesn't work most of the time...cold/lukewarm showers are becoming the norm.
- The apartment has a small wine cooler, which is nice, but a huge waste of space in a tiny kitchen with very few cabinets. The real problem is that it doesn't even work!!
- The freezer is completely covered in a thick frost/ice, and has not been properly maintained or defrosted in years. Because of this the drawers inside are nearly impossible to open/use.
- There are big gaps in the floor around the radiator pipe where cockroaches can crawl in.
- The street facing/fire escape windows do not lock. Unbelievably, there is actually no locking mechanism on the window!!! We have secured them on our own in the meantime, but are still waiting for proper window locks....
- Every other apartment in the complex has a 2nd deadbolt. At the meeting we were told we had to buy our own and they would install it.
- The prior tenant left a mirror on a closet door that is impossible to remove. The super told us it would be removed if we didn't want it. We want to hang a shelving system on the door, so we don't want this mirror. Has it been removed? NO.
PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM 9300! 9300 apartments are OVERPRICED pieces of JUNK, and this is the most CRIMINAL and UNPROFESSIONAL rental company I have ever encountered.