At the end of World War II, Edwin McHugh returned home to Murdock from the U.S. Navy. He entered law school and graduated from UNL Law School. It was at that time that some of the Murdock residents asked Edwin to come back to Murdock to start a bank and practice law in the bank.
As a result of that request by some of the Murdock residents, Corn Growers State Bank was incorporated October 31, 1949, and accepted its first deposit Saturday, February 25, 1950. The bank is still located in the same building where it originally started. A major renovation of the building was performed in 1979 that increased the size of the building three times. However, the old original vault is still in use to this day. Since 1979, the interior of the bank has been remodeled twice to keep the bank looking modern and clean.
Changing times and technology dictate that the bank keep current on its computerization and Corn Growers State Bank has met those challenges by constantly updating its technology, hardware and software. Even though we are technology dominant, we take pride in personally serving our customers. Corn Growers State Bank has increased in assets many times over since 1950 and takes pride in the fact that it is a vital part of the Murdock community and wishes to thank all of its past, present and future customers for the business they have done with the bank. Your support is greatly appreciated.