i have to communicate my utter dissatisfaction with this vet.
while the vet seems knowledgeable, she lacks basic communication skills, compassion, organization. ie)
1. cant patiently explain why we need to spend hundreds on a test, nor effectively communicates results (without getting upset)
2. doesnt send out lab samples from her office after we spend hundreds on testing
3. doesnt followup with lab to get results back - its been 4 weeks, still nothing
4. doesnt call back, and no one picks up phone until after noon
5. completely loses track and confuses appt dates
6. rude: when asked to elaborate on details on dog medical condition, im told i need to "take an anatomy class"
7. stalled for weeks for us to get copies of medical records. finally we went in and offered to borrow our dogs' records and copy ourselves at a nearby kinkos, which she responded that we have to pay $1.50 PER PAGE and get the copies from HER
honestly, i wouldnt wish this vet on my worst enemy. there are plenty of qualified vets in the city and the west village, and i dont feel like my dog or I got the decent courtesy we deserve . in fact, she continues to this day to add unnecessary stress to our lives as we have to chase her to get results on tests, only to get rude responses and no action. we've spent several hundred dollars in her office, and unfortunately i feel that she's taking for granted that we would do anything to keep our dog healthy.
criticism sounds harsh, but be forewarned.
Pros: cheaper office price, but you get what you pay for
Cons: vet is extremely poor at communicating and following through