Dr. Charbonnet , a Louisiana orthodontist, provides braces and orthodontic care to the areas of New Orleans, Kenner and Metairie on the Southshore as well as the Mandeville and Covington areas on the Northshore.
Get started on your new beautiful smile today! Browse our site to find out more about us and learn about the many benefits of orthodontic treatment at Louisiana Orthodontic Specialists - the best Orthodontic and Invisalign Provider in and around the New Orleans area!. Early orthodontic treatment is effective and desirable in certain situations. Some of the problems which do require early orthodontic treatment include:
- A crossbite of the back teeth (posterior crossbite).
- A crossbite of the adult front teeth (anterior crossbite,permanent dentition).
- An extremely narrow upper dental arch (severe bilateral maxillary constriction).
- Inadequate growth and development of the midface (midface hypoplasia).
- Severe crowding which prevents the normal eruption of adult teeth.
- Tipping of teeth which prevents the normal eruption of adult teeth.
- A six-year molar which cannot erupt because it is caught underneath a baby tooth (ectopic eruption of the first permanent molar).
- Adult front teeth which are protruding excessively,and are therefore in danger of being hit or traumatized (extremely flared maxillary incisors).
- An adult tooth which is erupting in the wrong direction (ectopic canine eruption).
- A front tooth having a much receded gum line due to its unfavorable position in the arch (extreme gingival recession secondary to protrusion).
- A child with a cleft palate who is about to have a bone graft done (presurgical orthopedic expansion).