- Food seemed reasonably good - but I became violently ill within 30 minutes of eating it.
- Service was mediocre, sometimes good, sometimes poor. Plates were cleared away timely, but it took a half hour to flag down the waiter just to get the check when we were ready to leave.
- The manager (or owner) was rude and obnoxious. He would come by to ask how everything was (which is a good thing) but would walk away while I was trying to answer (which was not a good thing).
- The manager tried to tack on a "20%" gratuity at the end for mediocrity. When I told him that I objected to a forced percentage, he pointed to miniscule print on the bottom of the menu that stated they could do that and insisted on including it in the bill. Their website says 18% gratuity for parties of 8 or more. We were a party or 2. Then after tacking on 20%, they had the gall to round UP to the next highest dollar, which made the tip closer to 23%. Outrageous!
- The decor was very nice
- I gave 2 stars because of the decor and the fact that the waiter was friendly.
- I will not be back. to Cafe Tomaine.