1. They are so ridiculously aggressive about getting the name of the dentist who referred you, that I'm nearly convinced they pay for referrals. I called here a few times to set up an appointment and the receptionists wouldn't answer my questions about which insurance they take before I gave them the name of my referring dentist! What the hell? There's no need to be so aggressive about it.
2. Receptionists are RUDE. First time I called, I explained I need a consultation about an implant I have and the receptionist, apparently in reaction to my young voice, said: 'You ALREADY have implants?!" Wow, that's a great attitude for an employee of an expensive oral surgery office. Judgmental much? People have accidents, you know. I almost decided not to come here after this conversation.
3. They refuse to bill insurance for anything and require you to pay upfront. I read a few reviews about this practice at this place, on other websites. Seems that they try to do it because they can pretty much give you whatever price they want but if they had to bill insurance, even for a procedure that's not covered under your plan, they could only bill the negotiated amount, which may well be lower than what they ask you to pay upfront.
4. I got the $400 scan and it turned out all that was needed was a relatively simple 20 min procedure. I asked the doc how much it would cost and he scratched his head and just threw a number: "Another 400!" He totally pulled it out of his a**.
5. I asked if I could get a copy of the fancy scan for my records and I was told "No problem, just ask for it at the front desk." I called a few days later to ask for it and was told it would be another $50. Even if printing a scan costs something, I suspect this is how they discourage you from taking your business elsewhere.
All in all, the quality of work they did on me (a simple procedure) was good. If you have a lot of money to blow and don't mind crappy customer service, go for it. But I will not be back. I know oral surgery can be very expensive, but I'd rather pay so much somewhere where I'm respected.
Pros: okay quality of dental work
Cons: high prices, won't bill insurance, rude receptionists