DON'T EAT HERE. AVOID AT ALL COST.
I've eaten here a few times throughout the years and it seems that service and food quality has gone downhill.
My biggest gripe this night is that they tried to charge me $5 to change the grill. I swear after cooking two rounds of food the grill gets black and it's a health problem to cook on a dirty grill. The first time they changed it they didn't mention any extra charge, but the third time when we wanted to change it they tried to charge me and I was like WTF! So I talked to who I'm assuming is the manager of the place, since he was at the cash register. He told me the charge is a labor cost and that cooking on a gas grill, the charred food that accumulates on the grill is ok, since they use gas. I told the guy that it's a healthy hazard and that there is also no sign posted in the restaurant about a change of grill charge. He became confrontational and said there's no need for a sign, and that it isn't a health hazard. After a few minutes of arguing he finally told the waitress to change the grill, by that time I was so pissed off that I couldn't even enjoy my meal anymore.
A few other problems about this place are listed below:
1. If you go for dinner, it takes a long time for them to refill meats that you actually need to ask them to get those meats. My example for the night is one of the most popular meats is the beef brisket, when I got there, none in the tray, so I asked the guy working there. 5 minutes later it was filled. By the time I went for seconds, no more, and it actually remained empty, because by that time I argued with the owner.
2. They have a small sushi collection, by 8:00pm they don't put out anymore because they close at 9:00pm. This also goes for some of the cooked foods that they have.
3. Some of the supposedly clean plates are dirty. I went to grab a plate and there's meat blood dripping down from it.
4. The meats were mostly all still frozen. I grabbed some bulgogi meats and it was like an ice cube.
5. Our waitress for most of the night did nothing. When we got there she asked for our drinks, when we got back to the table still no drinks. Started cooking food, still no drinks. Then we had to asked for our drinks, she took another 5 minutes to get them because she was socializing with a big korean party in the back of the restaurant. This is the worse service I've had at any korean restaurant I've ever been too.
6. The vents inside the restaurant really don't work that well, because smoke was all over the place. I've been to other bbq places from here to ktown, where it's properly ventilated, and this place was horrible. You really end up smelling pretty bad, that by the time I got home I had to shower.
For the $15.99 that you spend on dinner there, you're better off going to any other place. There's other korean bbq restaurants around the area that are better, and worth your patronage, just not this one.