After checking in at 10 PM, we pulled back the sheet to find spiders in the bed. Underneath the pillow, a long black hair. The carpet was so greasy, we did not take off our shoes. The pillows were bags filled with lumps. The blanket was beyond gross as was the bedspread. When I got up at 5 AM, a large beetle was upside down, its legs wiggling, in the toilet. In the morning as my wife was taking a shower, a spider on a web dropped down next to her in the tub. Around the tub was a two inch strip of MOLD that was also under the sink. In the morning, we saw the disgusting grounds outside the rooms. Years of old chewing gum on the walks. Trash, old food wrappers, weeds, overgrown shrubbery, home to crawling insects and mosquitoes. The elevator has a can hanging outside the door. It is filled with old cigarette butts, long since smoked. They advertise a Continental breakfast. A box of doughnuts from a bakery was sitting next to glass cake plate with three doughnuts that looked rather good until I saw ants crawling all over them. On our way out, I complained to a man who identified himself as The Manager. After I told him he should be ashamed to rent a room in this condition, he then told me he knew about the mold and just the previous day had corrected it in three rooms and, as a matter of fact, today, the room I was checking out of, was scheduled for mold removal. When I continued with my list he said he would contact The Manager to take care of it. As to the other reviews about the extra helpful and attentive staff, the front desk is enclosed in heavy impact plastic. I have stayed in hotels and motels all across this continent, in Mexico, West Indies, Saudi Arabia and never seen filth like this. I will be calling my credit card company to dispute the bill and placing a call to the health authorities.
Cons: Mold, dirty linens, spiders, ants, filth.