List of things that are wrong with YogaWorks:
1) Ridiculously overcrowded: This place is for you if you wish to get unintentionally swatted by your neighbor throughout the class. We are not sardines Yogaworks, pls don't treat us as such.
2) Incompetent & rude staff: It seems the only qualifications needed to work at reception seems to be the ability to not give a crap about customers. It's ok to smile once in while robots. Oh and while you are at it, learn how to use a computer.
3) Poor Timetable: If like most other people you actually hold a 9am-6pm job good luck getting into a post 6pm class because even if you are 10mins early they will be full. This happened to me three times this week. This very evening they turned 6 other people (that I counted in the 30 seconds it took me to walk up the stairs, get denied by the soulless staff and leave). Luckily my commute was just 20mins each way, I felt very bad for the girl that drove from the Westside. So in a nutshell if you don't arrive at least 30 mins before class starts then you are destined to be turned away. But who the hell has the time to sit around for 30mins before a 90mins class? Erm YW, ever heard of a little thing called pre-booking a class? its SIMPLE, someone should follow the Bar Methods example, customers can pre-book classes and are charged if they do not cancel 4hrs prior to the class. Others are put on a waiting list. The model works perfectly in everybody's favor.
4) Poor business model: Or should that be clever business model? With endless offers to entice new members they are certainly attracting people in hoards but they do not have the ability to accommodate all these newcomers. But then they probably knew this but what do they care, they have the money so who cares if you can actually attend a class? Not YogaWorks. Probs too busy planning their next Yogaworks Groupon deal.
List of things that are right:
1) There is a Pinkberry next door. Thank the lord for small mercies.
See you never YW..