Our experience with the Horton Company, Inc. led us to believe they have serious problems with attention to detail and professionalism. For three years they managed the home we owned in NE Columbia, SC. The following is a detailed description of the problems we experienced. You decide if this is the type of customer service you are looking for!
- They failed to return over 95% of our phone calls for the three years we were with them. Their excuse is that “they have 500 homes” and cannot call owners every time something is done to their home due to cost and staffing issues.
- I had to remind Horton to do an annual inspection, and even then they were a month late.
- According to the documentation they sent us, Horton waited 7 weeks to conduct an inspection after the renter moved.
- Horton failed to repair or clean (or even notify me of the need to repair or clean) the items listed below for at least 7 weeks after the tenants had moved, even though the house was on the market.
o Stain on kitchen ceiling
o Stains on kitchen wall behind stove
o Damaged back door frame
o Holes in two interior doors.
o Dry rotted front post
o Holes in siding
o Shutter missing off FROG window that faces street
o Lawn still unmowed a week after it was noted on inspection
o Outside of house and garage door needed to be cleaned
o Need to clean A/C and update Freon
- They left our back door unlocked. They also left our refrigerator closed after they shut off the power, which led to mildew.
- Horton listed our home in the wrong subdivision on their website.
- I had to ask Horton to remove our home from their website 6 days after I terminated my relationship with them.