"In the early 1900's, the owner of the property where the Bell Tower Chapel exists lived on the lot to the north and learned that someone wanted to build a saloon on the property. He did not want a saloon next to his home, so he donated the land to the Methodist Church. A vernacular style church with references to the gothic revival style was built, and on June 23, 1907, the chapel was dedicated as the Methodist Church of Boring, Or. It was one of two vernacular churches built during the progressive Era (1884-1913) in the Sandy-Boring area. In the 1940's-1950's the church added on a shed roof wing to the north which housed the reception hall and basement.