My fiance, our two year old son, and I ate at the Avenue Grill the evening before we were to be married at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City. What a mistake.
My son had the two chicken leg kid's meal, I had crab cakes eggs benedict, and my husband to be had the Italian panini. My meal was misprepared, not once, but twice, my son's meal was inedible, and my fiance's sandwich was a dried out piece of garbage that was obviously made of leftovers. My son, thankfully, wouldn't and couldn't eat his chicken--which was so dried out and old and reheated that it was unbelievable that they even attempted to serve it to a human being let alone a small child. I should have known better than to eat my crab cakes eggs benedict, but I ate about 1/2 of it because I was really hungry (and eight months pregnant). I asked about it not appearing to be correctly made and the waitress explained that the cook first made regular eggs benedict and then figured out that isn't what I had ordered, so he ""tried"" to fix it...but he/she messed up the ""corrected"" order as well. Finally, my husband-to-be's panini was such a dry piece of garbage that seemed to be made of whatever leftover chicken they could find and dice up, that he probably shouldn't have eaten either, but he did.
The waitress--Amber--who was very nice, took off my son's and my meal from our bill. Thank you for, at least, that.
At about 4AM I was stricken with a horrible case of food poisoning. It was so bad that I could not get out of bed for our wedding at all...all I could do is vomit. My vomiting was so intense that it sent me into preterm labor and I had to go to the Nebraska City hospital emergency room. They could not stop my labor, so they sent me, by ambulance to Bergan Mercy hospital in Omaha. Luckily, they finally got my unborn daughter's heart rate under control and stopped my labor in the early morning of the 18th. This story is 100% true, and you can ask just about anyone at the Lied Lodge or the hospital in Nebraska City about it...because everyone seems to know about it.
Believe me, my family will NEVER eat there again, and we strongly discourage anyone else from doing so as well.
Visited March 2012