I was looking to help a little guy instead of the big banks and was I ever disappointed (and less money in my pocket as a result). I got a loan, credit card and used American Heritage Federal Credit Union as my bank as well. Since I don't have 5 pages to write here, I'll just sum up for you:
- Terrible Customer Service. Worse than Comcast and most know how bad they are.
- Late notices so that you don't have a lot of time to turnaround to mail back payment so they can hit you with late fees. You actually need to send in before you receive your bill.
- Shady practices to get additonal money from you.
- Tons and tons of hidden fees.
- Unknowledgeable staff and employees.
If you want to avoid the TD Bank and Citizen's Bank of the world - that is great. Just don't do it with this credit union. They are terrible and cheats.