You don't get what you pay for. This place is like a used car dealership. Want to get ripped off by a restaurant? Go here. This place should be closed down. Rude staff, dishonest actions and dirty dining...and I'm still hungry.
I went in just by myself, I had a Groupon and it said that I needed to spend a certain amount. I tried to tell the waitress what I wanted. She was unfriendly and hard to understand. I ended up getting the family dinner for $35. I was told it was going to be $16 extra difference after using my Groupon. That didn't sound right to me, but I thought maybe they added gratuity. Later I looked at my receipt and I was actually charged $18!!
On top of that I didn't even get that much food. I expected more for the $25 gift certificate and extra $$ I put on my card. It was like a dinner for 1 person. and they only threw in one measly piece of naan. For $43 value I could've gotten a nice gourmet meal at Jake's Seafood Restaurant and received much friendlier service and a more comfortable atmosphere.
All I wanted was a nice take-out experience but, now all I feel is cheated and mistreated.
If it wasn't for the Groupon I would've never gone here. Why? I'll tell you...
1. It's in NE Portland. This should be a warning within itself.
2. The place from the outside looks like a beer-lottery store...same goes for the inside. This is not fine dining. This is not dining at all. This is eat-your-food- while-you-check-your-lottery numbers-and-watch-middle-eastern-MTV. This place is dirty.
3. The staff is the rudest bunch of people I've ever met in the restaurant industry. I consider myself a friendly, polite person; always smiling and saying thank you. The young female staff here never smiled or acted like they cared once while I was there. They didn't smile, greet me or even say ""Thank You"". It was like I was an inconvenience to them.
4. They will rip you off. No value for you money.
5. Mediocre food. When my order was ready, the waitress didn't even have the courtesy to go around the counter and hand me my food face to face. Instead she said ""Hey!"" I turned around and had to get up and reach for it over the counter. I said ""Thank You"" and she just turned and walked away without a word. Unacceptable after I just payed a fortune for their food!! Not even a ""Thank You?"" come on..
but let's talk about the food...
I'm vegetarian and I had the veggie kabobs on top of curried rice. They were grilled nicely. But I only received two with my family meal. (Seems like a jip to me). The hummus was not to my liking. It tasted old. I've had better hummus at the Fred Meyer's deli. The grape leaves were okay, the felafel was dried out and crumbly and then I had an itsy bitsy salad with tomatoes and dressing- that was it, that was my $35 family meal. I want to know where the $43 value is? In the pockets of some very dishonest and rude people.
Please, for your own sake, consider going somewhere else! I will never go back and I will continue to warn people about this place