- Water heater was installed by Payless Water Heaters and Plumbing, Inc. (license #836216) in February 2007. \r
- The cost was just a little under $1,100.00 for a 40 gallon water heater. \r
- I just purchased the home in January of 2008. \r
- Vent was missing approx. 2 to 3 inches of vent, water heater was venting into the garage, venting poisonous gases that are released from the water heater.\r
- I called Payless Water Heaters and Plumbing, Inc. and spoke first with a manager then with a man who claimed to be the owner, Scott Marvin Oksas. \r
- Both said that this company does NOT do anything with the vents, they do not ensure the venting is properly done, they just put the water heater in and walk away. Period. \r
- This is a violation of the plumbing contractor?s license this company holds. They are to ensure proper venting is done. \r
- In addition, any warranty on their work does NOT transfer with owners when a house is sold which means if I wanted them come out and look at the problem, I would have to pay. \r
- Scott Marvin Oksas was extremely rude, the absolute worst customer service ever and when I told him I would not pay for them to come and review their shotty work, he stated they do not do shotty work (how he knows since he won't even come and look at it), he hung up on me. \r
- The god-like complex and ""I am right"" attitude along with not listening (half the conversation he talked over me) was so infuriating, I would not recommend this company for any work at all. \r
- This is a money hungry and greedy company. All Scott cared about was if I was going to pay him $65 to have his technician come and fix the problem they created.\r
- Instead of satisfying a customer and attempting to win additional business, they wanted $65 from me or that's it. \r
- Their statements of ""a company you can trust "" is truly a lie. \r
- Save yourself the headache and money, go to an ETHICAL company.\r
Pros: The water heater iteself was nice.
Cons: Used cheap earthquake straps, owner Scott Marivin Oksas is VERY unprofessional, does not care about customers or the type of work his company performs.