My partner and I ordered $70,000 of furniture for a vacation home we were building. Our home is predominately used in the summer as it's at the Michigan shore. With the exception of the dining chairs and two small accent chairs all of the upholstered pieces are awful. Back cushions that are sagging, seat cushions are concave, internal support seems non existent and frames creak. Numerous issues in most all upholstered pieces after only 3 years (technically 15 months) These issues are, of course, not from manufacturer defect so are not covered under their "worry free warranty". Customer Service sent new firmer cushion inserts which helped for 1 1/2 summer seasons. After the exchange of the cushions Arhaus basically washed their hands of me and their defective products.
One of the reasons I chose Arhaus furniture was the soy based foam they use in their cushions. I am chemically sensitive and wanted as little VOC's in my home. The soy based foam is nothing more than a lie. The cushions are actually 80% traditional PVC foam sandwiched between a thin layer of soy foam which comprises the remaining 20%. Upon finding this out I felt deceived. My feelings of deception were only compounded when I became aware of the shady way Arhaus prices most of their products. In the Catalogs and on the tickets in the store you will see two prices, the "regular" price and the "sale" price. The problem is that nothing is ever sold at the "regular" price. Evidently Arhaus believes they have to deceive their customers with this shady pricing structure in order to be successful.
The case pieces and other wood furnishings are of good quality and we have been pleased with them.
The only bright spot in my dealings with Arhaus is the knowledge that Habitat for Humanity was able to take all my upholstered furnishing and give them to families in need.
If you absolutely must buy furniture from Arhaus my advice is to avoid, at all costs, any upholstered item. Stick to tables, desks and the like. You'll be happy you did.