that's what everyone kept asking us while we were in the middle of a HUGE remodel. our answer was always "no way". here is some info about bill ferman, based on our experience:
- he's incredibly nice and polite
- his bids will come in higher than most but he's realistic and comes in ON TIME and ON BUDGET - how many times have you heard that? me neither.
- he hires great sub-contractors
- he developed a nice rapport with our architect so they worked together very well
- he was all-around terrific to work with and we'd hire him again in a second
- he's accessible while on-the-job, won't disappear and not be reachable
the only reason i didn't give him 5 stars is because he is a wee bit on the pricey side, but like i said, he came in on budget. i am always hearing about people who got a low bid and went way over.
we had neighbors who were going through a remodel at the same time as us who were envious - they said it was obvious that we were getting better quality work than them.